On Dec 15, Joshua S. Freeman claimed:

> I've spent a lot of time on this tonight... one thing I've noticed is
> that stormlinux isn't happy when i run /etc/init.d/pcmcia reload or
> start or stop or restart.. it basically says that it's already busy..
> and can't do what I'm asking...

Try turning networking off first, by doing:

/etc/init.d/network stop

Don't forget to restart it when you're done playing with the pcmcia stuff.
:)

> when I run route, route hangs... where I expect to see the name of my
> gateway I see * even though I've run route add default gw ...

This could be because your machine is attempting to resolve a hostname for
the routes, and since the networking doesn't seem to be working, no name
can be resolved.  If you let it sit there long enough, the hostname lookup
would probably time out.  The other option is to try:

route -n

which tells it not to do hostname resolution.