Charles Farinella wrote:

> It's time for me to rebuild my system, and I'd like to try a non-RedHat
> distro

I've used several different distributions (Yggdrasil, Slackware,
Caldera, TurboLinux, RedHat, Mandrake, Debian, Suse come to mind). Which
one you use is a matter of taste. Often, I'll use bits of several. I
currently use Mandrake for most installations. I like the installer.
I've had no real problems during install. I may want a package that
comes with RedHat, Debian or Suse, so I'll use it. At one time, Caldera
had better Netware connectivity. It still might, but I haven't used it
for a year. In my (somewhat jaded) view, there's little to difference
between the distributions. But, viva la difference. (Please no
flamewars. And, yes, I know some folk feel passionate about the
licensing of Debian.)

--
Dan Jenkins
Rastech Inc., Bedford, NH -- Technical Support for a Quarter Century