I've used the VM "suspend" feature - it does save the startup time, but it
takes time to save & restore (longer than I would have thought).  Didn't have
any problems with a restart, in terms of info lost, etc.  Some savings in
time.  YMMV.

jeff

Jeffry Smith      Technical Sales Consultant     Mission Critical Linux
[EMAIL PROTECTED]   phone:603.930.9739 fax:978.446.9470
Thought for today:  BrokenWindows n.

 Abusive hackerism for the crufty and
   elephantine X environment on Sun machines; properly
   called `OpenWindows'.