Sorry if someone already sent this out on the list - sometimes my
mail piles up here and I don't check it in the detail that it deserves.
Anyway, there's an article on the Yahoo News about xDSL which fits
in with the Vitts debacle. I suspect that there will be a river of
debate about this for the next few months or so. Marc Evans' comments
about the NHPUC and NHDRED are helpful, but I wish that we could
somehow coerce Verizon into waking up somehow. I've been quietly
waiting for months for them to upgrade my neighborhood SLIC box so
I could get xDSL, but I think the Devil will be buying ice skates
before that happens. I can't get cable in my neighborhood, either.
Ironically, Hell Atlantic put in a new 200 pair cable on my road,
so the wire quality should be more than adequate now.

http://dailynews.yahoo.com/h/zd/20010122/tc/dsl_the_beginning_of_the_end_1.html

Cheers,

Bayard
Bayard R. Coolidge      N1HO    DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed are
Compaq Computer Corp.           solely those of the author, and not
Nashua, New Hampshire, USA      those of Compaq Computer Corporation
[EMAIL PROTECTED] (DEC '77-'98)              or any other entity.
"Brake for Moose - It could save your life" - N.H. Fish & Game Dept.