On Mon, 12 Feb 2001, Derek Martin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> It is NOT a jpg file.  The actual attachment is AnnaKournikova.jpg.vbs,
> but the .vbs is hidden by MS-OutBreak.  Leave it to Microsoft to conceal
> information that would enable you to make informed decisions about how to
> treat a given file/message.  This attachment is a Visual Basic Script
> which is just yet another re-write of the Iloveyou virus.
>
> Apparently, the vbscript is run by simply previewing the e-mail (whatever
> that means), so you don't even need to "open" it to activate the virus.  I
> don't use OutLook or any other MS product on my desktop, so you'll have
> to forgive my ignorance there...

Does anyone know if microsoft.com provides a free version of "OutLook"
with VB-scripting that runs on Win95?

A month or two back I hacked up a script to run vmware on attachments
in a `sandbox' environment. I'd love to add "LookOut / VBscript" to my
sandbox to run these things! (But I tell ya, I was mighty damn
disappointed with that "Snowhite + 7 dwarfs" thingie... And I likely will
be with AnnaKournikova.jpg.vbs as well! ;-)

Karl