Hiya, all -- got a problem, and I'm not sure there's even a solution, but
I'm open for suggestions:  I've got some HPUX boxen, and the users' home
dirs are slowly being brought over to an automounted Linux RAID solution.
Unfortunately, one (critical) application they run is Cadence, and Cadence
now whines, "*WARNING* file /home/jim.hochberg/CDS.log.8 (clscompatd):
Lock service on sol is not responding".  lockd is running on the server
(sol), and, off-hand, I can't think of anything else to try.  I've tried
all the favorite search engines, and gotten a couple of hits, which all
point to the same message posted by some poor sap who's gotten the same
problem, and needed a solution.  Needless to say, there was no followup
posted.  (I've e-mailed him in the hope that he does have a solution...)
Anyone got any ideas?  I know that I'd seen similar issues, once upon a
time, with SunOS and Linux, but at least it just caused SunOS to make
entries in /var/log/messages, and not hork the program.

Any help greatly appreciated...

-Ken