On Fri, 16 Feb 2001, Ken D'Ambrosio wrote:

> Hiya, all -- got a problem, and I'm not sure there's even a solution, but
> I'm open for suggestions:  I've got some HPUX boxen, and the users' home
> dirs are slowly being brought over to an automounted Linux RAID solution.
> Unfortunately, one (critical) application they run is Cadence, and Cadence
> now whines, "*WARNING* file /home/jim.hochberg/CDS.log.8 (clscompatd):
> Lock service on sol is not responding".  lockd is running on the server
> (sol), and, off-hand, I can't think of anything else to try.  I've tried

According to a friend of mine, IIRC, lockd as shipped with all
distributions that I know about is broken.  I understand that it is fixed
in the latest version of nfs-utils, but you'll need to get the cvs
repository from nfs.sourceforge.net if you want it.  I can't guarantee
that it will fix your problem, but it might.

--
Derek Martin
Senior System Administrator