[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
> On Thu, 15 Feb 2001, Rich Payne wrote:

> > P.S. You may want to look into line wrapping on your mail program. At
> > least for me each one of your paragraphs came through on one line, makes
> > it a little difficult to read.
>
>   Mine (Pine) wrapped each line for me when displaying.  Maybe you need to
> look into line wrapping on your mail program, too.  :-)

What does your mail program do when it sees this?:

[this next text was sent as one long line; your system might wrap it]

> A damsel with a dulcimer / In a vision once I saw: / It was an Abyssinian maid, /
>And on her dulcimer she played, / Singing of Mount Abora. / Could I revive within me
>/ Her symphony and song,

[thank you, Mr. Coleridge]

If Pine wraps this line, does it prepend a '>' on the wrapped line(s)?

  If "no", doesn't this look horrible in everyday practical use?
  (especially when quoting)

  If "yes", great, but what if I send you an ASCII picture that gets
  wrapped by PINE, thus rendering it unusable?

If Pine doesn't wrap this line, tell me about that.

I'm a member of the "try not to send email with lines >79 characters"
and the "mailers shouldn't touch the contents of email messages"
clubs.  Of course, this is just my opinion, but I can tell you that my
tendancy to ignore hard-to-read email is pretty high....

--kevin
--
Kevin D. Clark (CetaceanNetworks.com!kclark)  |
Cetacean Networks, Inc.                       |   Give me a decent UNIX