On Fri, 16 Feb 2001, Kevin D. Clark wrote:
> My bias is that I came from the era when mailers that handled color were
> virtually non-existent, so I don't go for colors much.

  Definitely a difference in background.  I grew up on dial-up,
character-based BBSes, where colored text was used extensively as a UI tool.
I still find myself missing the BlueWave Mail Reader on occasion.  Ah,
nostalgia.

> So, it sounds like Pine is a decent email program.

  I like it, and since I use it, that is the most important consideration for
me.  Objectively, though, it seems to have a surprisingly rich feature set, a
strong element of functional DWIM, and still has pretty much the gentlest
learning curve of any Unix program I've ever seen.  Yet it can be easily told
to not get in the way of experienced users as well.  I think a lot of software
designers could learn a thing or two from Pine.

> I think that my mailer is decent too.

  I would hope so!  :-)

> Certainly we've both seen lots of mailers that have a poorer set of
> features.

  Of this, there is no doubt!

> Mmm.  It's almost beer-o-clock!  (-:

  That would be pretty much any time, no?  ;-)

--
Ben Scott <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Net Technologies, Inc. <http://www.ntisys.com>