On Mon, 19 Feb 2001, Benjamin Scott wrote:

> > So, it sounds like Pine is a decent email program.
>
>   I like it, and since I use it, that is the most important
> consideration for me.  Objectively, though, it seems to have a
> surprisingly rich feature set, a strong element of functional DWIM,
> and still has pretty much the gentlest learning curve of any Unix
> program I've ever seen.  Yet it can be easily told to not get in the
> way of experienced users as well.  I think a lot of software designers
> could learn a thing or two from Pine.

I also like pine.  I was just discussing this with my boss, as a
multi-platform replacement for, say, Netscape.  For those who weren't
aware, pine DOES run on windows.

Unfortunately, it's lack of a GUI, while not bothering me in the
slightest, does tend to eliminate it as an enterprise-wide choice.

Now if we can just get some of those UW hackers to write a GUI
interface... :)

--
Derek Martin
Senior System Administrator