On Sat, Feb 24, 2001 at 05:05:19PM -0500, Tony Lambiris <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
> Derek Martin wrote:
>
> > As far as the message showing up, it was simply yet another ^X vs. ^C
> > error (in pine)... Time to start using mutt full-time.  <grrr>
>
> apl@orion:~/pine4.33/pine$ grep -r strcat * | wc -l
>      72
> apl@orion:~/pine4.33/pine$ grep -r strcpy * | wc -l
>     474
>
> -----------------
>
> apl@orion:~/mutt-1.2.5$ grep -r strcpy * | wc -l
>      36
> apl@orion:~/mutt-1.2.5$ grep -r strcat * | wc -l
>      27
>
> :)

    I'm not sure whether the point here is that mutt's numbers are fewer
than pine, or that both are non-zero.  If the latter, consider the
following results from mutt-1.3.15.

$ grep strcpy * */* | wc -l
        18
$ grep strcpy * */* | grep -v mutt_substrcpy | wc -l
        15
$ grep strcpy * */* | grep -v mutt_substrcpy | grep -v \
  __STRCPY_CHECKED__ | wc -l
        0
$ grep strcat * */* | wc -l
        23
$ grep strcat * */* | grep -v __STRCAT_CHECKED__ | wc -l
        0

I'd put a lot more faith in that than I would Netscape 4.76.

--
Bob Bell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>