From: Benjamin Scott <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: djbdns
> On Thu, 22 Feb 2001, Thomas Charron wrote:
> >>   I do not like software that tells me to go jump in a lake.
> >     *AHEM*  Then perhaps you should start scratching your itch, so to
say.
>   Hey, you are the one who said that said I should go check out djbdns.  I
> went and took a look.  I found that it basically said, "Go away."
>   Don't invite people in if you're just going to tell them to get out.
:-)

  Erm, I didn't invite anything.. That was my first reply on that entire
thread..

> On Thu, 22 Feb 2001, Thomas Charron wrote:
> > He hates using software that tells him what features it actually
supports.
>   Clarification: I hate using software that says, "Standards aren't
important;
> do things my way."
>   Sounds way too much like Microsoft.  Sure, at least with djbdns I don't
have
> to *pay* to be treated like dirt, but I'd still rather not be treated like
> dirt.  :-)

    Blech.  I think to big of a deal is made about this entire thread.
Someone suggested it, you didn't like it, case closed.  You wheren't treated
like dirt, though.  The developers didn't feel their itch required TCP
support.  Easy enough.  Conversation as its been heard..

    "Try this, I think it's better.."

    "I looked at it, I am personally insulted that it doesn't support this
feature."

    "Err.."

    "I hate crap software that tells me to go jump in a lake.  If it doesn't
support exactly what I happen to be looking for, I plan on being personally
insulted.."

    "Err.."