On Tue, 25 Sep 2001, "Rich C" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> My guess is they've dinked around with the multisession format of the CD.
> Don't forget, the average "dumb" CD player has to find the audio tracks in
> the normal way. It's the computer that can't. So they probably formatted it
> as a multisession CD, but somehow the CD-ROM drivers only recognize it as a
> single session digital CD, and don't "see" the extra audio tracks on the disc.

I think you're on the right track (pun intended??), there is a good discussion
at:
        http://www.cdrfaq.org/faq02.html#S2-4-4

    The idea behind this protection is to make it hard for CD-ROM
    drives to identify the disc as being an audio CD. The disc is
    multisession, and uses a hacked TOC, so track rippers and disc
    copiers have trouble dealing with it. ...