xcdroast = good front-end (as in has much functionality, especially
current releases), but horrible lack of intuition in design.  It's my
favorite tool, but it still requires you to figure out the bizarre
thinking of its designer.  The current release is better, but still has
two truly unintuitive things:

- The "temporary files" (or somesuch; I'm not in front of it now)
  setting is actually the *path* to your ISO images.
- There's abutton that's so large, it's *REALLY* easy to overlook...
  and it just so happens to be the "yes, I accept this layout for
  burning button" without which nothing will happen.

Once these two are overcome (or at least understood), it becomes a much
more enjoyable program with which to play.

-Ken