Ken Ambrose <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> xcdroast = good front-end (as in has much functionality, especially
> current releases), but horrible lack of intuition in design.  It's my
> favorite tool, but it still requires you to figure out the bizarre
> thinking of its designer.  The current release is better, but still has
> two truly unintuitive things:

I started out with xcdroast myself, but I eventually just tossed cdrecord
into a shell function in my .bashrc:

    burn() {
        sudo cdrecord -v -eject -speed=8 -dev=0,6,0 -data $1
    }

I generate the iso image with "mkisofs -joliet /path/to/dir > file.iso",
then pop a blank cdr into the burner and "burn file.iso".

You'll want to run "cdrecord -scanbus" to find the device id of your
burner;
it's not necessarily going to be "0,6,0".

ICQ 28611923 / AIM abreauj / JABBER [EMAIL PROTECTED] / YAHOO abreauj
Email [EMAIL PROTECTED] / WWW http://www.blu.org

PGP signature