"Derek D. Martin" wrote:

> [In the tone and voice of John Cusack at the beer bash in _Say
> Anything_]  YOU MUST CHILL!

Yeargh.  I need RH 7.1 for some stuff, and having the frelling
wm get in my way is not making me happy.  It's supposed to make
life easier, not become an obstacle..

> Sawfish will let you do that, but you must do it on a
> per-window basis using the history menu from the control
> menu of the window.

No go.  Did that on a selection of windows after moving
them to the appropriate locations and workspaces, logged
out with 'save current setup', logged back in -- and they're
all still in the first workspace and only the most recent
one I 'saved' seems to have remembered its screen position.

This is the Sawfish that came with RH 7.1, plus any rpm -F
from the updates.redhat.com site.  It says it's Sawfish 0.36.
I imagine that's so old that the answer is going to be 'upgrade',
which I intensely dislike doing for too many RH-supplied
components..

{sigh}

I have a lot to get done, and my boss doesn't have anything
to do with this.

Thanks for the [ongoing] help.
--
#ken    P-)}