I have enjoyed reading the discussion on various aliases, as below.
Some years ago working at Raytheon, there was an old guy,
a Unix Weenie, whiskers, suspenders, plaid shirt and all., who had
an "alias file" of many, many entries (which I have lost).
Anyone else want to offer some neat, tricky, crafty
additions for an (Linux) alias file ?

paulc