Brian Chabot <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> I've already set and unset and tweaked the lpr-switches variable, but
> that never seems to take and I can't find reference to it in the
> ~/.emacs file.

Is there any reference to it in ~/.xemacs-options?

What happens when you set lpr-switches manually in your .emacs to
whatever you need to accomplish double-sided printing; e.g.:

        (setq lpr-switches '("-whatever"))

(if you know what you're doing you can set this in your .emacs file,
and then eval this expression and you won't have to restart your
x?emacs process...)

--kevin
--
Kevin D. Clark (CetaceanNetworks.com!kclark)  |
Cetacean Networks, Inc.                       |   Give me a decent UNIX