On Tue, 16 Oct 2001, Brian Chabot wrote:
> They are a Covad reseller.  They also used to resell Northpoint.

  Oh-oh.  One has struck out, and the other has two strikes and a sore arm.
Not good... :-(

>> What is their financial outlook?
>
> Not bad.  When DSL companies started going under left and right, they
> has a really funny graphic on their website that read: "Speakeasy - We
> pay our Covad Bills"...

  That won't help much if Covad goes belly-up.  They are still in Chapter 11
Bankruptcy, last I heard.  I've been hearing positive rumors that they will
make it out, but they would be the *first* DSL company to do so.  So, while
I would *like* to look into Speakeasy (since it sounds good), I think I will
wait until the Covad picture clears up.

> That said, I had a REALLY bad problem with packet loss last night and
> this morning... Soooo.... YMMV.

  Occasional network outages don't bother me so much.  Going out of business
does.  :-(

--
Ben Scott <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>