On Mon, 1 Oct 2001, Tom Rauschenbach wrote:
> Has anybody seen an Outlook virus...

  Outlook *is* a virus.

  Oh, I'm sorry, I didn't mean to interrupt.  Please, continue.

> ... whose subject is "I therefore offer"?

  The Symantec Anti-Virus Research Center (SARC, http://www.sarc.com)
doesn't have anything on it.  But I have heard of worms which pick subject
lines from existing messages, so that is inconclusive.  What other symptoms
does this virus have?  Do you have an attachment name?  How about running
"strings" on a sample?

> Unforunately, this one can infect through non Outlook clients.  It seems
> to hit Eudora.

  Many of the so-called "Outlook" viruses are really targeting MSIE or
Windows in general.  They merely make use of some of the "features" in
Outlook to do their job better.  Since Microsoft has succeeded in convincing
the entire Western world that MSIE is the only web browser known to man,
most any Windows email program capable of rendering HTML (e.g., Eudora) will
be susceptible as well, as they will simply pass it off to MSIE.

--
Ben Scott <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>