On Monday 01 October 2001 21:45, Benjamin Scott wrote:
> On Mon, 1 Oct 2001, Tom Rauschenbach wrote:
> > Has anybody seen an Outlook virus...
>
>   Outlook *is* a virus.
Yeah, yeah.

>   The Symantec Anti-Virus Research Center (SARC, http://www.sarc.com)
> doesn't have anything on it.  But I have heard of worms which pick subject
> lines from existing messages, so that is inconclusive.  What other symptoms
> does this virus have?  Do you have an attachment name?  How about running
> "strings" on a sample?
  I'm trying to get  a sample, unfortunatley th damn thing is 73K and my
wifes ISP won't let her forward it.

OK, the symptom is that all desktop icons run away from the mouse pointer.
Really annoying, and it makes the GUI even less usefull than usual.
So far, there are no signs of data corruption/deletion.