OK, I can't afford the Red Hat Network, but I'd like to keep my system
as up-to-date as possible. I figured: "Hey! I'll rsync from
updates.redhat.com to a local directory and then I can rpm -Fvh when new
stuff comes down the pipe!"

Problem: I read the man page on rsync, but it didn't work. From the man
page:
              rsync somehost.mydomain.com::

       this  would list all the anonymous rsync modules available
       on the host  somehost.mydomain.com.   (See  the  following
       section for more details.)

Running
       rsync updates.redhat.com::
       failed to connect to updates.redhat.com - Connection refused

Running
       rsync updates.redhat.com6.2/en/os/::
gives me lots of (not very helpful) help information.

Can anyone tell me what i'm doing wrong?

--
Thomas M. Albright (Linux user number 234357)
  Amendment IV