Hi Karl, et al.

Here are some excerpts from the service agreement (available online @
http://www.directvdsl.com/products/agreement.asp ):

2.0 Accounts and Passwords.
This Agreement applies to all user IDs associated with your account.
You are responsible for the use of each of such user IDs, whether used
under any name or by any person, and for ensuring full compliance with
this Agreement by all users of your user IDs, Service, or account. You
are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your passwords.
In the event of a breach of security, you will be liable for any
unauthorized use of the Service until you notify the DIRECTV Broadband
Order Center at 1-888-773-3349.

You might also want to look at the Acceptable Use Policy @
http://www.directvdsl.com/products/use.asp. There is actually nothing
in there specifically mentioning port scanning. It does prohibit the
use of the service for attempting to unlawfully gain access to
resources, but doesn't every AUP?

C-Ya,
Kenny