First, I'd like to express my amazement that you actually got Linux to
run on a Viao at all  ;-) In order to upgrade it, I would suggest
using RedHat's upgrade path. Make a boot disk before doing anything,
then just boot off of the latest/greatest CD and select upgrade
instead of install. I believe that there is also some sort of central
repository (up2date, I think) that will update your system for you.
You could, if you feel like being creative, grab everything from their
FTP site and `rpm -Uvh *`, but that could cause a few problems.

Either that, or you could install Debian and do an `apt-get
dist-upgrade` ;-)

C-Ya,
Kenny