In a message dated: Tue, 01 Jan 2002 11:01:37 EST
Benjamin Scott said:

>  Not bad.  However, as it happens, I/we need to obtain a 1U rackmount ATX
>case for GNHLUG.  (We are making progress towards having a place to host the
>box, so now we need a box.)  Can anyone here recommend a particular favorite
>brand/vendor?  Otherwise, I'm just going to shop around on Google and
>Pricewatch and pick one that looks good.

Check out http://www.gtweb.net

We bought a bunch of 1u systems from them.  They do sell just the
cases, so if you want to piece together the system yourself, you can.

The systems we bought from them sort of sucked, but they were Intel
810i motherboards, which were the real problem.  The cases themselves
weren't bad.  They weren't great, but for a 1u system under $1000,
they weren't horrendous.
--

Seeya,
Paul

                          God Bless America!

        ...we don't need to be perfect to be the best around,
                and we never stop trying to be better.
                       Tom Clancy, The Bear and The Dragon