Any idea why Mozilla 0.9.whatever that comes with Mandrake 8.1 would
suddenly stop working?

When I run it from a terminal (/usr/bin/mozilla) I get the following
message:

Error sending command

I've tried it from both my regular and the root login, and it does the
same thing. I've checked the integrity of the files using RPM (that's
how it was installed.) I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling. I've
even tried moving/renaming my .mozilla directory, thinking something in
there got hosed.

Any ideas?

Rich Cloutier
President, C*O