Well, for anyone interested installing Windows XP and RH 7.2 went
flawlessly.  Basically I started the Linux installation.  I used Disk
Druid to create a 25Mb /boot, a 16GB partition (it won't let me make a
vfat partition greater than 2GB so I made it ext3 then deleted it and
rebuilt it under windows), 16GB /, 512MB swap and the balance will be a
FAT32 drive.  I let the install run until it started copying files.  I
imagine this is overkill but then again it didn't format the
partition(s) until just before this.

I stopped the install with a power off and put in the Windows XP virus
CD :-)  It installed with no particular problems.  I DID NOT allow it to
select partitions for me.  It installed just fine on the E: drive (not
completely sure why it picked that drive but it's OK by me).

Then I installed RH 7.2.  I had to use Disk Druid to set up my mount
points again but the partitions themselves were fine.  I kept the
default for GRUB, which I think installs it into the MBR.  Someone had
suggested against that.  At any rate the installation worked fine.  GRUB
works fine.  The system dual boots very well.  I had to modify the fstab
to mount up the Windows XP drive but that was no problem.  I just don't
know why they didn't do it for me.  I could have sworn they used to.

So here's the problem.  I put back my original hard drive as a slave on
the IDE channel.  It comes up as a C: drive.  I tried adding it to the
GRUB menu, but I can't get it to boot.  Should I be able to boot this
Windows 98SE drive?  When I tell it to boot from (1,0) it just hangs,
although first it does identify the drive as being VFAT or FAT32.  I
tried using the Map (0,1) and Map (1,0).  I tried at least 20 different
variations but couldn't get it to boot.  I don't have my notes with me
right now but I used the commands exactly as stated in the GRUB manual.

Thanks for any help.  GGK