                  Topic:  EMACS
                   Time:  Monday 4/8/2002 at 7pm
               Location:  Morse Hall room 301
             Directions:  http://slug.gnhlug.org/morse

We'll be talking about the most all encompassing editor on the planet.
Note that I'm not starting an editor war here, I don't think anybody
would argue that emacs doesn't do more than any other editor.

When you want to do more than just edit files, emacs just might be the
tool for the job.  Come and find out just a few of the things that
people have added to emacs over the years.  We will NOT be able to
show you everything emacs can do, nobody has that type of time!

Some of the things covered will be:

        Colorization of data (HTML, SQL, programming languages)
        As a developement environment for C, C++, ...
        As an SQL interface to Oracle/MySQL/Postgress
        Email client
        shell
        datebook
        translation between formats