On Thu, 4 Apr 2002, at 11:25am, Tom Buskey wrote:
> Now, connect via SCSI to another machine (that doesn't have IDE) & use
> it as an external RAID system.

  What you describe is possible in theory.  However, it requires the SCSI
host adapter in your Linux box to function as a SCSI target.  Last I knew,
the Linux SCSI subsystem did not support that -- it can only act as the
initiator of a SCSI command, not be a target of one.  So any such project
would require a major rewrite of the Linux kernel SCSI subsystem (or writing
a private SCSI layer and drivers, take your pick).  Either way, it would be
a lot of work.

  There is a Linux SCSI mailing list somewhere.  Try a Google search for
"Linux SCSI mailing list".  Try asking your question there.

  Sorry I can't be more helpful.

--
Ben Scott <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>