On Fri, 2002-04-26 at 12:07, Michael Costolo wrote:
> Hopefully this is not off topic.  My apologies if it is.

Not any more so than some of the other topics we have here.  8)

> I haven't
> heard a single good thing about Adelphia's cable service and we just found out our
> line doesn't qualify for DSL.  My goodness.

I feel your pain.  I only recently moved to a location where I could get
a higher speed access (DSL).

> So, back to dialup it is.  I'm interested in any recommendations anyone might have
> regarding dialup ISPs.

Before, I had dialup with MV.  While they don't officially support
linux, I call them a "linux friendly-ish ISP".  They will try to help
with linux setup if they can.

Rates seemed reasonably comparable to everything else around.

http://www.mv.com if you have access from somewhere.  (603) 629-0000 if
you don't.  8)

> Also, I have a simple LAN that I'd like to keep intact.  Has anyone had any
> experience with anything like 3Com's OfficeConnect 56K LAN Modem (or similar)?  It
> appears to be exactly what I'm looking for.

Sorry - can't help you there.

--
If we quit voting will they all go away?

Cole Tuininga
Lead Developer
Code Energy, Inc
[EMAIL PROTECTED]