On Fri, 26 Apr 2002 12:58:30 -0400
[EMAIL PROTECTED] (Michael O'Donnell) wrote:

> I know a number of people up in the Wilton/Milford/Amherst
> area who seem to be satisfied long-time customers of...
>    http://www.jlc.net/Services/Services.html
>    http://www.jlc.net/

I enthusiastically second this recommendation.  Other people
have other options, but I'm a captive victim of the Stewart
Draper Telephone & Coal Company, from whence even a call to
Nashua is a toll call.  And ISDN?  "Say what?  Can you spell
that?"  JLC is is Milford, a local call.

JLC is John Leslie Consulting, and it's run by John Leslie.
What that has means is that when we've had a problem it's been
John who answers the phone and takes care of the problem.
There haven't been many problems.

John is a FreeBSD enthusiast, incidentally.  But who's perfect?

We've been with JLC for about ten years.  <personal> I would
NEVER abandon him for any provider large enough to have a "Human
Resources" department.  Having a real person answer the support
line (and the proprietor at that) says it all.  </personal>

MV is also good, by personal experience, and by all reports.
INR.NET is good too, and also has support provided by the
proprietor;  almost as good as John, although my experience
with them is not of as long a duration.  And they use IIS in
addition to Free Software.

Maybe we exiles can go in with JLC to build a wireless cloud
out here in the boonies one of these days.  (That would really
be the ticket - bypass Stewart Draper altogether.)

Bill

P.S.  I just had a fresh look at JLC's home page.  Above the