> Le 14 juil. 2022 à 19:01, Blady <blady-...@users.sf.net> a écrit :
>
> Hello,
>
> Many Ada programs are now available on Alire (https://alire.ada.dev/).
> I plan to bring Alire support to Gnoga.
> Thus it will be possible to get and build Gnoga from Alire with its
> dependences.
>
> I'm waiting a while because Simple Components registered version in Alire is
> not compatible with latest GNAT compiler version.
>
> Then I will to remove dependencies source codes (deps folder) from Gnoga
> repository.
> That is  building with Alire will automatically manage dependencies; classic
> building will require to download dependencies and add them on
> GPR_PROJECT_PATH (README will be updated so).

Here some news,

Gnoga source codes have been mirrored on Github
(https://github.com/Blady-Com/gnoga).
Simple Components version has been upgraded.

And thus the two main last stable versions of Gnoga are on Alire:
% alr search gnoga --full
NAME   STATUS  VERSION  DESCRIPTION                             NOTES
gnoga    X     2.1.2    gnoga - The GNU Omnificent GUI for Ada
gnoga    X     1.6.2    gnoga - The GNU Omnificent GUI for Ada

You can get them with:
% alr get gnoga^1
or
% alr get gnoga^2

At the moment, some external dependencies of Simple Components may put warnings
on some platforms, for instance on macOS:
warn:    New solution is incomplete.
warn:    +♼ gnat              12.1.2 (new,installed,gnat_native)
warn:    +↪ libgnutls         ^3.5.8 (new,external,indirect)
warn:    +  simple_components 4.62.0 (new)
warn:    +↪ unixodbc          ^2.3   (new,external,indirect)
warn:
warn: Could not find a complete solution for gnoga=1.6.2
Build will fail unless externals are made available, do you want to continue?
[Y] Yes  [N] No  (default is No)

But unless you use Gnoga Secure, don't matter and say Yes.
Then you can use it on the standard way e.g.:
% make all

For now, I haven't tested the Alire way:
% alr with gnoga

It is a small step, but it let you fetch Gnoga with Alire and use it in order
to have more feedbacks.
Feel free to report on the list ;-)

Regards, Pascal.
https://blady.pagesperso-orange.fr