2009/4/16 Vincent Untz <vu...@gnome.org>:

> But what does it change? The strings are already there and are already
> visible in english. I don't see how waiting can help translators --
> adding the files to POTFILES.in as fast as possible on the contrary
> gives more time to the translation teams that can manage to translate
> those strings.

OK, sorry, maybe I was to short in my previous email.  I'm not saying
that developers should delay a fix for translators' sake.

I'm just saying that THIS case, the anjuta 2.26.1 release, the
POTFILES.in fix maybe generated confusion and frustiation in
translators. We was awaked by damned-lies automatic message announcing
10+ missing strings, but there was no more time to do or try anything
in order to update translations, 'cause the 2.26.1 package was yet
out.

>From my point of view, my timezone, and my
wake-up-from-bed-and-check-email delay, there was no chance to do
anything, just stay and say "shit, we've missed this release". Or, to
be honest, there was just to time to ping the Italian anjuta
translator and our committer, start to coordinate us and say "no,
wait, stop: package is yet out".

This is the reason I'm asking developers to courteously announce a
similar fix _before_ the automatic warning from damned-lies, just
something like "yes, we know it's too late, please consider this".
Could be helpfut at least to avoid unnecessary urgency.

Cheers, Luca.