2009/12/15 Khaled Hosny <khaledho...@eglug.org>

> On Mon, Dec 14, 2009 at 10:06 PM, Michael Moroni <haikar...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> >Hi you all. I'm a GNOME user and I cannot think using another DE. However,
> >cannot translate any application because it is not so automatic: you have
> >save the file, open it, translating all the keys, be aware about the
> sintax,
>
> You shouldn't edit PO files using a plain text editors, there are plenty
> of specialized PO editor that take care of syntax etc. I'd suggest
> Virtaal myself.

Instead of installing specific programs for everything I use my girlfiend
gedit, which is IMO the best software ever. <3

> As for launchpad, I personally find it badly organized and doesn't
> encourage communication between translators, Pootle IMO fits on GNOME i18n
> project.

I took a look at Pootle and it could be an interesting thing (I didn't knew
it before, thanks!).

> 2009/12/16 Andre Klapper <ak...@gmx.net>
> Last time I took a look I realized that easier participation can also
> easily mean lower quality.
> No idea if there are nowadays review tools on Launchpad though.

I uses GNOME in esperanto. I don't know sincerely how many people are
translating it but I think that an easier participation and an easier way to
talk about translation models means a quick translation of all applications.
GNOME in esperanto (but not only) is much less translated than softwares in
Launchpad. So I think that it could be more efficient a translation with
server-side software like Launchpad, Pootle or other

- Michael