2013/8/29 Fran Dieguez <fran.dieg...@mabishu.com>:
> On 28/08/13 13:51, Andre Klapper wrote:
>
>> That's simply not true. If you are a translator you go to
>> http://l10n.gnome.org/ and download your file, edit it with a local
>> translation tool, and upload it again.
>

> Having a web interface for translate GNOME could simplify our current
> workflow for people that are not tech savvy.
>
> In small teams as our Galician team, we have a lot of problems to maintain
> translators just because people that could help us with translations doesn't
> have a lot of technical background. Even if our workflow is as simple as
> download a file, edit it and upload it.
>
> A lot of people have given up translating just because is a tedious task
> (maybe not for me, and for people that got used to it).
>
> An ideal workflow could be:
>  - Sing up in this (xxx) service.
>  - Enroll our team
>  - Translate what ever you want online
>  - And our reviewers will do they work after yours.
>
> Obviously this online tool have to enable us to download those translations
> to review them manually or with some custom tools (pology, language-tools,
> custom scripts, etc).
>
> Just my honest opinion. I don't know what other language groups members
> think, but definitely could be a major improvement in our ~daily work
> translating GNOME.
>
> Regards

If I'm not mistaken, LXDE translators are using pootle and I also
heard there's a GNOME translation team also being using it. I also
have asked somewhat similar question a few years ago here and was too
lazy to configure it. By it I meant pootle server.

http://pootle.translatehouse.org/

--
Regards,

Umarzuki Mochlis