Thanks for the input. Actually I was talking about a a tool like DL (I
don't like online translation, I prefer download-translate-upload). So
after I was refered to DL and I browsed in it, I realized the problem is
already solved: We already have the tool I was looking for. Now I just
need to start translating :-)

:כתב Gil Forcada, 2013-09-01 00:46 בתאריך

> Hi,
>
> Sorry for not replying in-thread and just jumping here to dump my
> ideas/thoughts on it...
>
> So to be web-translation or not...
>
> For me the important question here is if it's as an add-on or as a
> complete and fixed part of it, I mean, could everyone keep their own way
> of working of they must use this new way?
>
> Most, if not all, of our translators in GNOME are also translating other
> projects, be it KDE, GNU, apps hosted in Transifex, in Launchpad...
>
> So (IMHO) the most important thing to do is to not get in their way.
>
> If they want to set up their pootle instance and put together all their
> GNOME, KDE, LXDE, Mozilla, LibreOffice translations to reuse the pootle
> server, fine with me and great for them.
>
> If they use regular D-L workflow (download the po file, translate,
> re-upload and so on) fine by me and great for them.
>
> Our user base (Free Software translators) is so diverse and different
> from country to country[1] that is quite impossible to get everyone
> happy.
>
> On the other side, or even more important, if the developer base
> (developers creating Free Software CAT tools) is so small (and on D-L
> near to non-existent) I would not expect blue dreams coming true from
> their side.
>
> Probably I am talking trash here (and correct me please) but a team that
> decides that it would be useful for them to have an online translation
> tool could create a project on Launchpad or Transifex, do the
> translations there and then just commit the translations to
> git.gnome.org. Is that even possible?
>
> Heck, even with the current git mirror on GitHub translators could edit
> translations there...
>
> With the above I mean that, please, let's not try to reinvent the wheel
> (pootle, transifex and launchpad already provide online translations),
> let's try to see how to cooperate, because with the amount of human
> resources we have right now, I don't really see the point of debating
> about having online translations on D-L.
>
> If someone is coding it *right now*, sure, I will gladly review the
> patches, try to understand them and push them, but if that's just a wish
> list, the wish will probably have to wait...
>
> Sorry for the long rant.
>
> Happy translating!
> Cheers,
>
> [1] D-L comes from a tool created by the French team, still we just got
> a mail from a small team as little as 2 translators which of course
> wants to spend time translating not developing tools
>
> El dc 28 de 08 de 2013 a les 12:42 +0200, en/na fr33domlover@mailoo.orgva
> escriure:
>
>> Hello, Long time ago a web interface for translators was discussed:
>> https://mail.gnome.org/archives/gnome-i18n/2005-March/msg00250.html [1]
>> Since then many things have changed: The software evolved and projects began
>> using web interfaces for translators. As a potential translator, I feel that
> [...]
 users.
Translation is relatively easy, and knowing the language is most of what you
need. But without a staight-forward interface, less people help. I'd like to
suggest again (last time is 2005, see above) that Gnome gets a web interface
for translators. Instead of just few technical people translating for a
language, we could have much more. Of course, it may be possible to attract
people in other ways, which are very welcome too :-] fr33domlover