Michael Catanzaro commented:

Thanks everyone! Next week is surely fine.

> I would though request that we are more careful about what libraries we add
> to core. I think it's fine here, but if we have a policy that no core should
> depend on World/ libhandy shouldn't have been added to core in the first
> place :-)

So we (release-team) don't have any policy that recognizes gitlab.gnome.org
groups like GNOME/ or World/. We do have a policy that gnome-build-meta core
elements must not depend on world elements, but libhandy is not in our world,
it's in our core-deps and has been for a long time now.

It's not really practical for us to restrict what libraries core apps want to
depend on on where they're hosted. It's not as if depending on a random GitHub
library (which has to be allowed) is somehow worse than depending on something
under gitlab.gnome.org/World.

https://gitlab.gnome.org/Infrastructure/Infrastructure/issues/148#note_692525
You're receiving this email because of your account on gitlab.gnome.org.