Maybe so but doesn't change the fact that I'm watching that video.    What
happens to the video when I go to the overview page, especially with a lot
of apps open?

I guess I kinda got my answer.  Gnome 3 isn't going to make it easy, best
solution is docky or other launcher app so I can watch that video and open
an app without taking my attention away from the video.

Thanks anyways.