In article <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,
 Hyman Rosen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Barry Margolin wrote:
> > That's precisely the case I thought we were discussing.
>  > Did I misunderstand?
>
> I believe that there are people who argue that even the
> standalone scheduler code must be licensed under the GPL.

If the scheduler was an independent work that someone found, and merged
into the Linux kernel, I agree.

But if you write the new scheduler for the purpose of merging it into
the Linux kernel, then the scheduler doesn't really have a license of
its own.  You've simply created a derivative of the Linux kernel, and
you're bound by its license, which is GPL.

--
Barry Margolin, [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Arlington, MA