7 wrote:

As I write the assembler code for how a switch statement is implemented,
then I have copyright over it no matter how it gets subsequently used.
The assembler code for the switch statement is not generated
'automatically'. The exact sequence is something I have to creatively
interpret and put together reading CPU specification.

Nonsense.

The structural semantics of a "switch" statement are dictated by the programming language specification. The the implementation of that structure is dictated by the CPU specification.

So what's so original about that?

Sincerely,
Rjack :)