Long time listener, first time caller.

Ruben, for what it's worth your frothy-at-the-mouth email filled with
tropes of male nerd chauvinism probably isn't a great argument against
"this community is filled with reasons for women not to get involved". That
kind of angry rhetoric is more likely to burn bridges than build them. Just
sayin.

I don't know this RMS fellow, but everything I have seen put out by him
publicly demonstrates that he lacks a certain kind of social awareness and
inner filter that keep most public figures from self owning (really?
defending child pornography publicly??) or saying things that can easily
damage an organization's reputation. I can recognize this because I suffer
from a similar lack of social awareness and in lieu of filters I tend to
avoid talking at all, often for days at a time.

That being said, I'm not a supporter of GNU. I'm only attached to this mail
list because I'm generally lazy about unsubscribing myself from mailing
lists. I'll probably mute this thread after hitting "send" so you would be
wasting invective for my sake but if it makes you feel better, knock
yourself out.