A few months ago, when Lilypond first caught my eye,
I installed 0.1.40 from an RPM.  That version has
always done an acceptable job for me.

I have several times tried upgrading, must recently to
0.1.58 (plus the two patches that were mentioned on this list).
It compiles and installs okay, but does not work quite right.
All version I have tried except the RPM of 0.1.40 have had the
same problem:

I have a song I've entered, with four voice parts and the lyrics.
The soprano and alto are on treble clef, the tenor and bass are on
bass clef.

The problem is that the soprano part notes look correct, but all three of
the other parts only get one quarter-note for every two measures.

This is most likely a configuration problem, possibly from having files
left over in the wrong place from the RPM.  I realize that I haven't
given enough information for anyone to diagnose the problem unless
they've seen it before.

If you think this sounds familiar, or if you would like me to give more
details, (such as the .ly file), please let me know.

I'm using Linux ELF/Intel, Red Hat 3.0.3, but I've upgraded many
components of the system.

--
Dave  | Email:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Brown | Packet: N2RJT@WB2PSI.#WNY.NY.USA.NOAM