On Friday, 24 April 1998, "David C. Brown N2RJT" writes:

> A few months ago, when Lilypond first caught my eye,
> I installed 0.1.40 from an RPM.  That version has
> always done an acceptable job for me.
>
> I have a song I've entered, with four voice parts and the lyrics.
> The soprano and alto are on treble clef, the tenor and bass are on
> bass clef.
>
> The problem is that the soprano part notes look correct, but all three of
> the other parts only get one quarter-note for every two measures.
>
> This is most likely a configuration problem, possibly from having files
> left over in the wrong place from the RPM.  I realize that I haven't
> given enough information for anyone to diagnose the problem unless
> they've seen it before.
>
> If you think this sounds familiar, or if you would like me to give more
> details, (such as the .ly file), please let me know.

It doesn't sound familiar to me.  Yes, it might be a configuration
problem, as it worked with pl40.  Nothing that dramatical changed
in mudela.

Check if all stuff installed by pl40 is properly removed (you can do a
rpm -qlp to see what files were installed).

If you need more help, don't hesitate to send a .ly file.

Greetings,

Jan.

Jan Nieuwenhuizen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> | LilyPond - The GNU music typesetter
http://www.digicash.com/~jan | http://www.cs.ruu.nl/people/hanwen/lilypond