The windows Encore program has the ability to use a midi keyboard for
inputing notes. It also allows you to use the computer keyboard as a
very limitted midi keyboard - but good enought for getting the notes
down.

I dont have a midi keyboard but being able to use the computer keyboard
to make midi files for input to mi2mu would be great. Anyone know of
software that will do this. I dont think I could "sell" Lilypond to my
friends unless this can be done. Would such a program be difficult to
write?

[I know that the output of mi2mu would most likely need to be clean up
by hand - do think that so much cleaning would be required as to make
the process useless?]

Bevan
--
Bevan Broun                                           ph (08) 9380 1587
Computer Systems Officer                             fax (08) 9380 1065