On Friday, 5 June 1998, CRETEL Dominique writes:

> Thanks for these continous upgrades which make Lily more stable.

We keep trying!

> Excuse me, but I have a stupide question on your e-mail:
> What does the pl NN.yyyy exactly mean (with the description after)?

It is the version of Lily, pl stands for patch-level

NN is the patch-level, yyy is the person entering a patch; jcn, that's me.

See VERSION:

    PACKAGE_NAME=LilyPond
    MAJOR_VERSION=0
    MINOR_VERSION=1
    PATCH_LEVEL=71
    MY_PATCH_LEVEL=jcn1

    # use the above to send patches, always empty for released version:
    # please don't move these comments up; the patch should fail if
    # the previous version was wrong.

from PATCHES.txt:

    GENERATING A PATCH
           In VERSION, set MY_PATCH_LEVEL:

               VERSION:
                   TOPLEVEL_MY_PATCH_LEVEL=jcn1

           In NEWS, enter a summary of changes:

               NEWS:
                   pl 0.1.48.jcn1
                           - added PATCHES.pod

> Is there any relation with the 0-1-90 version?

Uhuh, what version?

Jan.

Jan Nieuwenhuizen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> | GNU LilyPond - The Music Typesetter
http://www.digicash.com/~jan         | http://www.digicash.com/~jan/lilypond