Han-Wen> Hi y'all

Han-Wen> A Release A Day Keeps Microsoft Away!

Han-Wen> You may have noticed that a .76 version of LilyPond was on
Han-Wen> the ftp site since yesterday.  This is the official announce;
Han-Wen> after that we also put in some fixes, and Mats' grand rewrite
Han-Wen> of the \key stuff.  We christened that release .77.

Han-Wen> Attractions

Han-Wen> * fixed a couple of bugs * converted convert-mudela and
Han-Wen> mudela-book to python * \octave was dropped.  You can use
Han-Wen> \transpose to get the same effect.

* convert-mudela no longer works to convert old mudela stuff to the
  current mudela version.  It doesn't even change \key to \accidentals.

* The scope of \voiceone etc., doesn't seem to end at the nearest
  enclosing structure.
  I have < {\voiceone [a8 b8]}{\voicetwo a8 b8}> c4
  for example, and the c4 has its tail down (as if for voice two)

* \voiceone and \voicetwo don't work properly anyway in the last
  example -- the \voiceone quaver tails are omitted, and rather than a
  single note-head with two tails (one up, one down) I see two note
  heads and a single tail.

* \include "score-paper.ly" still causes lilypond to dump core.

* ly2dvi eats backslashes in \mudelatitle (etc).  The problem occurs
  on any system-V-like shell  -- quick solution is to use printf
  instead of echo; but I'm going to look closely at ly2dvi when I have
  a little more time -- it can be made a little more efficient.

* ly2dvi geometry for a4 paper is a bit small.  Compare the output of
  ly2dvi and just using tex on the lilypond output.  I get fewer
  systems on an A4 page with ly2dvi than plain tex.

* The new \key stuff is great!  It shouldn't be too hard to implement
  \key inside \transpose, now, eh?

* Slurs look a bit strange if the notes being slurred cross the middle
  line --- instead of joining the note heads, it joins the head of one
  note to the tail of the next (yes I know -- good slur placement is hard!)

        \clef "G"; \relative c' { a4 ( ) d'}

* If I use an explicit \break at a bar ending, the terminating barline
  is left off:

  \metre 4/4; a4 a a a | \break a a a a \bar "|.";

* I get confused as to when a semicolon is necessary and when it's
  not.

* The \textstyle command seems of no effect.

There's a new version of An Sylvia in
        ftp://ftp.softway.com.au/pub/peterc/WhoIsSylvia.ly
I've marked the problem areas with BUG comments.
lilypond 0.1.77 crashes with an assertion failure when processing this file.

And if someone who actually speaks German can check the
syllabification for the German words I'd be very grateful!

Peter C