I've been experimenting with lilypond. Very impressive. I have a
   couple of small questions. In the standchen.ly file, which I have been
   fooling with, placing the clef one eight note before the end of the
   bar line (as shown at the bottom of the excerp below) also prints a
   key signature where it is not desirable.

I've added a property createKeyOnClefChange that controls this.

           \clef violin;
           <{ es'~ | d4. ~ f8}{ c'~ | bes4. ~ as8 } >

   Also, is it possible to control the positioning of the triplet
   bracketing yet?

I don't know.  Jan?

   Sorry if these are beginner questions, and I realize that this is very
   much a program in progress, so I hope no one minds these questions. I
   think lilypond is going to be great.

thanks.