> Some attractions to expect for 1.1:
 >
 >      - Full PostScript support
I hope Lilypond will fully support tex output in the future,
because this makes it much easyer for those of us who use
mudela-book. With tex-output, if the music spans over several
score lines, it is possible to have a page break between the
lines. This is difficult to do in postscript.
 >      - Overriding LilyPond code through GUILE fragments in the input.
Do I hear someone announce a music composition tool add-on written
in guile? Give Lilypond a theme, and it will write a fuga... :-)
 >      - More speed.
Yes!!

> Mats> OK, Here comes a new version of my patch with a the following
> Mats> syntax for keys:
> Mats> \key c \major;
> Mats> \key g \minor;
> Mats> \key f; % Default: major keys!
> A long long time ago I suggested the syntax:
>  \key F;
> for major or
>  \key f;
> for minor.
> This syntax matches musicologists' notation for chord names.
> (this of course is not easily extensible to dorian, phrygian etc., but
> handles 90% of the music that's around)

I like  \key c \major; better.
> handles 90% of the music that's around
don't sound so good. Also in Lilypond, when you use uppercase letters
you often mean one octave down.

Tom Cato Amundsen

Get your own free web-based email address at Xoom!
http://www.xoom.com