well, i downloaded the 1.0.18.uu1-1 rpm and installed it, but running
the first score from the tutorial just gives:

! I can't find file `score.8169.tex'.
<*> \nonstopmode \input score.8169.tex

this seems to be caused by not having the environment variables from
/etc/profile.d/lilypond.sh available to the ly2dvi process.  i'll have
to figure out how to pass environment variables to a subprocess with
perl.

is there a good, compelling reason why \melodic was changed to \notes?
more importantly, is there a good reason why \melodic wasn't made a
synonym of \notes for the sake of backward compatibility?  all my
scores are broken with newer lilies because they don't recognize
\melodic.  iirc, there are usually scripts that come with each version
that update old scores to the latest syntax, but there aren't any in
the rpm.

and han-wen, what were you smoking when you made the rpm?  you put all
the documentation in /tmp!  :)

| jeff covey [EMAIL PROTECTED] http://pobox.com/~jeff.covey/ 410-669-4926 |
|Emacs is my OS and Linux its device driver -- Bake Timmons <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>|
|america is the only place i know where even the poor people are overweight. |
|                                                             -- john waters |