One questions about chords in lilypond. Is the point
only to make the chords get transposed, or should
lilypond understand chords, and possibly play them in
midi and write the chords as notes?

Johan Vromans et.al. wrote:
 > > I guess it's a lot handier/standard to do something
like this:
 > >     #               raise the note a half-pitch [c 11# 9]
 > >     @               lower the note a half-pitch [c 11@
9]

 > I think `+' and `-' can be used for this. No need for
`#' etc.
 > Can lily handle "C +9 +11"?
 I don't know what lily can handle, but C-9 is better
than C9@, more natural to musicians. I'd like the
syntax to be as similar to how you write chords with
pen or pencis.

 > No, but C11 does include the 9 (and 7). I would
definitely suggest a
 > different notation for subtracting notes.
If you want the chord c e g d', I think Cadd9 looks
simplest, I can't se a need for something like C9no7,
but my view may be quite limited ;-) .

The diff includes mudela-book fixes.

Tom Cato Amundsen